Science & Math Immersion Teachers Recruitment SJSS
Science & Math Immersion Teachers SJSS
About the School:
The Japanese Secondary School is a junior high school located on the West coast of Singapore and has a student body of around 460 students aged between 12 to 14 years. The school offers the Japanese curriculum to the Japanese expatriate community living and working in Singapore. The school has been running a successful English immersion programme for over 20 years and we wish to extend this success to new immersion math and science programmes.
Nature of the Role:
This exciting new role for the science/ math immersion teacher, will offer the right candidate a challenging yet very rewarding opportunity. The position will commence on the 1st of September 2016. The working day commences at 8.15am through to 5.00pm. Club activities are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays to 5.30pm. It is expected that teachers working at SJSS will be in line with all school policies and guidelines.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. The delivery of the Japanese science/ math curriculum to all junior year levels.
2. Introduce English as a medium for teaching and learning math/science lessons with a strong emphasis on delivering and developing not only high quality mathematical/ scientific lessons but a strong focus on English communication skills both verbal and written.
3. Create an engaging environment.
4. Attend to individual needs of all students.
5. Be open/ willing to work in a team teaching environment.
6. Be supportive and understanding in relation to different cultural ideas and processes.
7. Be prepared to attend club activities and school excursions as required.
8. Be prepared to attend staff meetings and school events as required.
Teachers are expected to:
1. Demonstrate high level classroom management skills.
2. Prepare apparatus and reagents for science laboratory experiments. Monitor and maintain a stock inventory of equipment and reagents in the science laboratory.
3. Liaise with all staff members within the math/ science department and other departments as required.
4. Maintain appropriate records.
5. Participate in the ongoing development and evaluation of the math/ science curriculum.
6. Maintain all equipment and school property.
Position Requirements: Knowledge and Experience
1. Degree in science/ mathematics or equivalent from a recognized university.
2. Proficient English speaker.
3. TSL/ESL experience preferred.
4. Two years classroom teaching experience (science/ mathematics).
5. Hold a teaching license/PGDE/Dip-Ed from a recognised institution/university.
6. Two professional contactable referees with phone and email contacts.
If you think you would be strong candidate for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV including a photo, two professional referees and a cover letter outlining your relevant teaching and education experience to:
Please note only short listed applications will be notified.