ESL teacher – Clementi Campus
The English Department is looking for candidates who can teach English part-time, or on an ad hoc basis as a substitute. We teach Japanese primary school students who have varying proficiency levels of English.
Basic qualifications of a potentially successful candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preference will be given to those with a background in Education and/or teaching English as a Second Language).
- A teaching certificate (e.g. TESOL / CELTA / TEFL).
- Experience with teaching English as a Second Language to children (ages 6-12) in a classroom setting is preferred.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Preferred qualities of a potentially successful candidate:
- Enjoys working with young children whose native tongue is not English.
- Takes ownership at work.
- Respects the importance of punctuality, working hours and can adhere to deadlines.
- Is able to work with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Has basic computer skills.
- Possesses a flexible, adaptable and humble attitude towards working, teaching and learning.
- Has initiative and is also a team player who willingly demonstrates a cooperative spirit.
Part-time English teacher position
- Working hours: Mondays – Fridays, 8:20am – 2:05pm (lunch hour: 12:15pm-1:00pm)
- Monthly salary
- This is a contract position and is renewable annually based on performance.
- CPF and other benefits are included.
Substitute English teacher position
- Working hours: 8:20am – 12:20pm, on an ad hoc basis
- Paid hourly
- As substitute teachers are called on an ad hoc basis, you should be comfortable with being contacted and being available at short notice.
Interested applicants, please email your CV and copies of educational certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
We thank you for your interest in our school. Only applicants who are already eligible to work in Singapore and with experience in teaching English as a Second Language to younger learners will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.